Dear Parents & Guardians,
I wanted to take a moment to share some important school “start-up” information before heading off for summer vacation:
1) First Day of School – Tuesday Sept 3, 2019 (9-10am)
– Students return to last year’s classes on this day, followed by a “Welcome Back” assembly (parents welcome) at 9:30am. Dismissal will be at 10am. Bussing will be provided.
2) Office Hours
– Our school office will be open all this week (July 2-5) and the last week of August (Aug 26-30) from 9am-3pm for any inquiries. Outside of those times, please contact the Sea to Sky School District Board Office at 604-892-5228.
3) Registration Information
- Cultural Journeys – click here for more information.
- Learning Expeditions – click here for more information.
4) Class Placement for September
– Staff have worked hard over the past few weeks to ensure all students are placed in the appropriate class for September. We will be reviewing all placements again during the first week of school once we have confirmed our registered number of students. As we do this work, we always begin with a strength-based approach and try to balance the strengths across all classrooms to create diverse and powerful learning communities. We are hoping to have students placed in their new classes by Wednesday, September 4.
5) School Supplies
Cultural Journeys – As per past years, we will be collecting $30 to cover school supplies for all students. This process allows for fair & equitable school supplies for all learners in each class. Please do not hesitate to contact Mr. Gordon directly if you have any questions and/or concerns about this amount.
Learning Expeditions – The staff at Learning Expeditions has requested that students bring their own school supplies for 2019/20 school year. Please see the attached list and the students are asked to have these school supplies by the first Friday (September 6th).
6) Kindergarten Gradual Entry
– We will be following the same Kindergarten gradual entry format as last year. The schedule will be as follows:
Tuesday Sept 3, 2019 – No Kindergarten
Wednesday Sept 4, 2019 – 9am to 10:30am
Thursday Sept 5, 2019 – 9am to 10:30am
Friday Sept 6, 2019 – Family Day (all students and families welcome to attend from 9am-12pm)
Monday Sept 10, 2019 – 9am to12pm
Tuesday Sept, 2019 – 9am-12pm
Wednesday Sept, 2019 – Full Day (9am-3pm)
As always, please do not hesitate to reach out to me directly for any questions/concerns. Have a wonderful summer vacation and we look forward to seeing you all in September!
Brayden Gordon – Principal